NOW HIRING! The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a Sales Manager
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
Position: Sales Manager
Compensation: Base Salary plus Commission
The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a sales professional to create an active, growing and engaged membership. This position will manage new member sales, sponsorships and advertising sales. This position reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for evaluating, re-structuring and implementing a total community investment strategy defining value for membership and growth of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Seek out and understand current member needs and expectations of the Chamber.
· Work with Staff and Volunteers to structure member value packages.
· Contact, acquire, and sell new Chamber memberships.
· Works to upgrade current and new members to higher levels of membership.
· Achieve budgeted revenue goals for new membership.
· Increase non-dues revenue through marketing and sponsorship opportunities.
· Develop and execute a sales strategy for advertising in Chamber publications.
· Build an engage staff and volunteer committee working to achieve sales goals.
· Create plan for continued enhancement of revenue opportunity through the delivery of value-oriented services to membership.
Required Competencies and Experience:
· Upholds organizational values of Innovation, Excellence, Inclusivity, Accountability, Integrity
· A Bachelor’s Degree; related field.
· A minimum of four (4) years related professional experience with at least two (2) years in a membership organization.
· Previous experience managing a successful membership campaign.
· Strong organization, time management, and multi-tasking skills, detailed oriented.
· Must have previous sales experience.
· Self-starter with a professional appearance.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle with proof of license and insurance.
· Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Must be a team player that works well in an adapting environment.
· Must have the ability to foster the values of member relations.
· Exceptional people skills with an outgoing personality.
· Flexible schedule.
· An individual who has total integrity and credibility.
Please send resumes to Linda Punzak at email@example.com.